Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Where is this place?

I have been out-of-sorts for the past few days. I can't explain what's going on, but that's what's going on--I can't explain it. What I mean is that I could explain it if I could explain it. Don't feel excluded, see, because I'm on the outside too.

The original Japanese version of Godzilla: King of the Monsters (1954) is being released in the US for the first time. The original US version (1956) has an American actor (Raymond Burr) in scenes, and has a different ending. I learned recently that they shot all of Burr's scenes in LA in 24 hours, with stand-ins for the original Japanese actors, then they just cut a different version of the movie for American audiences. I really like the Raymond Burr version, but I am very excited to see the original release. Godzilla movies have a bad rap, but most of them are actually quite good movies. The first one in particular, if you like old films and/or great sci-fi. I am looking for a benefactor.

No comments: