Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Some things.

There are better ways of accomplishing all these things, but this is the way I have chosen. So let it be written, so let it be done.

1. It is a joy to work with people who are good friends, and it is quite sad when they leave. That said, I am sad to not have Liz as a coworker anymore. Things are not the same for me here. That is to be expected, but is regrettable. This is similar, but far less saddening, to when Jessi moved to Seattle. Liz's departure is less final, as she's staying in town. All this is compounded by the fact that so many friends are leaving this place: Dave, Kelly, Kathryn, Craig. And me, eventually. Talk about your transition. But I do believe that it is for the best--for all of us and for the health of Good Works too. It is odd that all this departure doesn't feel like a death so much as new life all the way around.

2. Greg (or Ben). Send me some contact info (phone/email) for Greg via email secretninjaattack@yahoo.com There are conversations that should take place before formal plans are established. Vision/influences/committments/etc. It is wise to all be on the same page in such matters. All said, I am quite flattered by your combined enthusiasm! I am always surprised by that, for some reason. Merci.

3. I lied. There is no 3.

4. Unless you consider the existence of the lie to be true content, in which case there is a 3 after all, and it is deceptive.

5. I haven't started running. I haven't purchased running shoes. I don't think exercise should be about fat so much as about muscles and health. I will be running in the race, but I haven't decided if I will train for it. I might just see how in/out of shape I am. It's only a 5k, and I used to be good at those in HS.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Patrick, call Greg Booth at (330) 447-6805. He won't mind me giving his cell phone # out to the world. I think he won't. Come to think of it...

As for the musical influences, you should ask him. He'd probably say anything from Belle & Sebastian to MC Hammer. I know he's big on The Decemberists right now (as I am since he turned me onto them. And they're good) and I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam is his favorite all-time band.

But yeah, he's a drummer. I decided that as friend/family member to the band, I should stay the hell away from this bottled fusion that's about to explode on the ears of Athenians and others. Sadly, I have no real management skills and so I don't really fit in on that aspect of it. Plus, I don't really want to wind up on some Behind The Music special explaining to everyone how I broke up the greatest band of all time with my constant posturing and back-biting. I'm not musically inclined enough to really take up residence IN the band, and I really can't design cover art. If you need mediocre singing or novice guitar playing, I'm in. Still, you guys could rock it. I look forward to the musical brilliance to come.