Monday, August 09, 2004

Self-Promo and a Job Announcement

First off: I'm playing at Donkey Coffee this Saturday at 9pm, if that means anything to anyone who reads this. Aaron will also be playing (he's the headliner), and maybe Troy. It will be rockin'. In a small town coffee shop sort of way. And, if all goes according to plan, the mighty Kevin will be playing some cello with me.

Second. For anyone who didn't already know, I have decided to leave my job at Good Works as of December 31. I have felt for a great long while that something in my life needed to change, because I wasn't able to do the things I felt I was "supposed" to be doing. GW certainly is not the sole cause of those feelings, but it is a contributor. And, knowing myself, the only way to successfully make a significant change in the way I live my life and prioritize my time is...to make a significant change and reprioritize my time. Small scale changes only lead to a quiet trip back to complacency, in my experience.

This is a big deal for me. I've been there 4 years, and it's the only "real" job I've ever had. ("Real" being defined as semi-permanent, longer term. Opposed to seasonal employment or school-time employment.) I do not yet have anything else lined up, nor do I have a strong sense of what I "should" be doing for employment. It's confusing because my plan is not quite as vague as all this...and yet in some ways it very much is. Sarah and I will be staying around the Athens area, so whatever job I find might be a reasonable local commute. If you have tips, hints, or inside connections, feel free to be a friend and drop a line.

No comments: