There is a trailer court of about 50 trailers near my home. Actually, it makes up a piece of the view from my front window. And it is what I generally look at when I sit on my front porch. It is about 20 yards from my door down to the road, then across the road are my neighbors' houses, and just beyond them over a little creek is the trailer court. I'd say it's about 150 yards total from my front door to the closer trailers. My neighbors have large (avidly well kempt) lawns. For the most part, I like having the trailer court around--things are a little different here in Appalachia, and it's certainly not like the projects or anything.
Here's what I'm talking about: This is my town.
My house is around Lattitude: .3679010 Longitude: 2.143933
You can hold your mouse over the map to see the coordinates change on the side. The trailer court is the light gray rectanglish shape directly to the right of my house. Or, if you prefer, the trailer court should be the largest light gray rectanglish shape directly in the middle of the map. My house is a skinch to the left of it.
Someone at that trailer court seems to have had a certain windfall recently. Today, as I was paying bills in my front room, I was treated to all the sounds of "Cher's Greatest Hits" being blasted from someone's brand new car stereo system over at the trailer court. Do you believe in life after love? Well, do you?
No comments:
Post a Comment