Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The wheels are rolling...

...let's hope they're still attached to the car.

I'm feeling the urge to do things again. Specifically to make music that I enjoy again, and to develop Squid Games. And other things. All this comes with a sadness, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's realism - I'm the only one that make these things change. There's a bit of isolation mixed in too, being a tad disappointed in these ventures. But the larger momentum comes from the passage of time. I'm not horribly content to just work a job my whole life, coming home grumpy and tired and wishing for something else.

This is my ideal work life: Squid Games takes off, and I sell a few songs here and there, or a few records of my own material. I work out of the Squid Games offices, or my home, keeping my own schedule so that I can take care of our kids and not send them to daycare. I collect a little money on the side from songs, but Squid Games is the bulk of my income, and it's enough to "subsidize" Sarah's dog training business in this low-income area so she doesn't have to work a bunch of part-time jobs. My creative energies are spent making games and developing the company, which is a small boon to our poverty-stricken county. I am able to support my family, repair my home as needed, and still be generous with my money.

3 comments:

liz said...

the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.

or so i hear.

Seth said...

The wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

jared said...

I like the way you think. I dreams similar things all the time.