My boss was slated to attend a program with me next week with several other staff people. It's an all day event, intended exclusively to gobble unspent units in my grant before the end of the fiscal year, and it was her idea. (...and arguably her fault that it was necessary to gobble the units to begin with.) I learned today at staff meeting that she won't be able to attend the program.
[wait for it]
[not quite yet]
Because she'll be out of town receiving a Prevention Specialist Rookie of the Year Award from the new ODADAS director that day instead. Are you remembering how many people quit directly related to this woman? Well, we've been averaging one a week for the past month, two each month for the past three months.
We've lost 23 people in slightly over 2 years. Our staff, at max, was 20 people.
[Patrick sighs and chuckles quietly to himself]
7 comments:
okay, that's really funny... in a very, very sad way.
Ooooo! Even more irony that I posted at exactly 4:20! I hadn't noticed that until now!
The same thing happened to me a couple jobs ago. It was so ridiculous, I could barely be pissed.
Poor crop of rookies this year, eh?
That is very sad. All I can say is this: fight the cynicism that comes so naturally! You and me are similar in that its very easy to become cynical, which does lead to some comedic moments but overall is not terribly good.
When Tony talked about cynicism tonight I felt convicted a bit. We should talk about this mayhaps.
ah, the life of grant funding [and the management that comes with it]. i do not miss it one bit.
i'm glad you can chuckle though.
i agree with Kevin, by the way.
Post a Comment