Monday, June 26, 2006

Games!

I want to know the funnest game(s) you've ever played. List as many non-video games as you can, if you're one of those types who mainly only play video games. "Games" is here defined as an organized system of fun. Objectives of some variety in the game are preferable but not required. See my Gameplay Resume (or Avant Game's) for examples of different games.

ps: "funnest" is, in fact, grammatically correct, if not culturally preferred. Besides, it's my blog and I do what I please here.

5 comments:

paul said...

I find that my level of "fun" is usually directly correlated to who I'm playing the game with...

A lousy game with good friends is more fun that a great game with people you just know. I once played, "Pass the Pigs" (which is the most ridiculous game in the history of creation) but was with some good friends... we laughed so hard I literally pulled a muscle.

Patrick said...

Just answer the question pal. Don't bypass the request. I can appreciate the friendship sentiment, but this is for research. What other games have you liked playing?

paul said...

Group games: I liked playing "Pit," "Apples to Apples..."

Wow... I can't think of those games right now. I will get back with you...

In smaller groups: Euchre, Risk, some card games (Poker, gin), ping pong (does that count?)

Two people: Backgammon, Yatzee

Anonymous said...

For my part, I don't really like games much. I always feel left out or uninterested. I do really love a good game of Risk. That's probably the only game where it isn't entirely dependent on the company I'm playing with. I like it no matter what. Other games I enjoy, depending on the people I'm playing with: Mafia, Scattergories, Muppets Uno.

Seth said...

I must concur with those who said Risk. Euchre also. Those are probably some of my favorite non video games. Mafia can be okay too, but usually you end up frustrated that you never get to be the Mafia and it gets pretty boring.