Nothing to say, but something should be said. Too much to say, so it all gets jumbled.
I am very tired. Coffee is making it worse.
I am tired of the Vote War. So many people so angrily, vigorously, and adamantly dedicated to the idea that the US, and maybe the rest of the known world, will go to Hell in a Handbasket (does anyone know where that is, exactly?) if we don't elect their candidate. One will tank the economy. ("Sure getting laid off was tough, but now I have my new job without benefits at the new Wal-Mart, and use foodstamps to help soften my budget.") The other will tank our moral fiber. (Are you getting enough moral fiber in your diet?) Why can't we have a multi-party system? Other real countries have them, and they seem to get along fine even with occasional fascist or communist candidates. When you have 20 parties, who cares if some are more or less wacky? It makes me sad that we only have two, and that both of them are wacky. It also makes me sad that Ralph Nader is wacky. He has such good ideas...mostly. If only he could pass as clinically sane...
Ack. I have nothing intelligent to say.
I have been reading the first issues of X-Men ever. They are hokey, but great.
I'm voting Kerry/Edwards. Wacky or not, at least Kim Jong-Il won't be able to sell a nuke to Osama...if he hasn't already. And maybe we'll stop huffing gasoline. And maybe we'll get our jobs back. And maybe...
1 comment:
I think "Hell in a Handbasket" is in Nebraska. I have a friend that graduated from Hell in a Handbasket High.
Post a Comment