My apologies, all, for not posting more regularly lately. Things have been very, very busy both at work and at home.
Here at work, I'm supposed to be doing the work of two people. We hired somebody, but he doesn't start for another week. All this wouldn't be a problem if the house was less full. I'm finding I don't have enough time to squeeze in all the meetings with residents I'm supposed to be having. But, I am hanging on, and have had some of my best days at work in a long time, for reasons that are unclear to me.
At home, one of our dogs had puppies on Sunday night. It has been horrible and tragic. Seven pups were stillborn, one born naturally, and three born Caesarian. Two of the C-sectioned pups have died in the past two days. Sarah has much of herself (and Ellen does too) wrapped in these pups, and it has been very hard on her/them/us. Lots of no sleep and worry for everyone.
From last post, I actually both baked lemon bars and played Axis & Allies by myself. And I'll probably get to do the same this weekend, since I'm on call again and we still have an elderly man here for whom we'll (I'll) need to keep the shelter open all day. There aren't enough volunteers to cover all the shifts. Anyone care to join me? (I do plan on inviting other residents to play this time, since there are guys who are interested, but didn't know I was going to be here.
No comments:
Post a Comment