Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Today's Lunch Menu

From Thai Kitchen brand:

One package of rice noodles
One small packet of peanut oil
One packet of seasonings

From the office water cooler/heater:

Hot water
One small spider


It fell out of the cooler and I watched it die. In my food. It was relatively quick, but it certainly looked painful, perhaps for both of us. I plucked it from my meal and ate the rest. But only after finding a leg left on the side of the plastic dish after bite number two.

3 comments:

paul said...

Please don't tell that story to my aracnophobic wife.

Anonymous said...

i love that you ate the meal without missing a beat. i likely would have done the same, though the dismembered appendage might have been rather off-putting.

Patrick said...

O, I missed a beat. I missed several beats. But I was going to eat my food, because I was very hungry, and I was looking forward to eating it. The thought in my mind was, "I wonder if it ejected it's venom onto my food as it died. I wonder if that venom will affect me in some way. I guess we'll find out, because I'm not going to throw this away."