Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fear of the Future

So, I feel like I am freaking out at work today. With two very good friends gone or on their way out, I'm having a hard time coping. I have a new program to try to recruit for today, which also makes me very uneasy. It's a program that has no vision or direction, yet I am expected to pull it together into something marketable for next year's grants. And all the work my coworkers had been doing is being redistributed to the rest of us, and all of it is the "undesirable" work no one gets excited about doing. Top this all off with a failure to adequately pay all the bills last night. I'm floating, but I am not swimming.

Is it bad that I heard Cingular is hiring cell phone sales clerks...and it sounded like a good career move? ("Hey, I would get a free cell phone! I don't even have a cell phone!")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i received my first cingular bill a few weeks ago. at least i can vouch that it's a company that certainly makes money.

plus, you could record killdeer on your phone. and who doesn't want that?

sorry that things are sucky.