Friday, February 02, 2007

CPR training

Yesterday I was in a CPR training all morning, following along with Connie and Ryan on the video as they demonstrated how to perform rescue breaths on children. I've had all this before, so it was mostly just par for the course. There was one thing, however, that really surprised me. You're all familiar, I assume, with the classic, internationally recognized sign for choking: putting both hands around your throat as if you were actually choking yourself. I learned something quite surprising in yesterday's training. I guess there's a new international sign for choking. I don't know what was wrong with the old one or whatever, but here's what the new internationally-recognized sign for choking looks like:












Ha ha. Sports humor.

4 comments:

paul said...

LOL!

I'm not even a sports guy and I think that is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

DANG IT. that was me, MDOG. sheesh.

Seth said...

That makes me think of this The State sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8BYn8-tdm8

Anonymous said...

omg. i love the state.

you need some pants.