Today, I got up late. Then, I went to the bank, which was closing, but I managed to go through the teller window and ask for some coin rolls. Then, I walked to the Red Lantern comic shop and bought a pack of pirate ships. (You and I should play sometime. It's easy and fun.) Then, I went home and counted my accumulated change. I had $64.50 in change. (rolls: 3xquarters; 1xdimes; 9xnickels; manyxpennies) Then, I called Red Lantern and asked how he would feel about my making a purchase with coin rolls. (He was fine with it.) Then, I went to Red Lantern and bought 5 boxes of SW minis with my change and a 15% coupon that I had received in the mail earlier this week. Then, I went to Subway. Then, I went to Tyler's house and played D&D with some other nerds for several hours. Then, I came home and let the dogs out. Then, I made crepes for dinner with Sarah. (It gets progressively less nerdy.) Then, we watched The Birds. Then, I got on this computer machine and typed this and some other things. Now, I am going to bed.
Man, I can't wait until 11 months from now when I have another huge collection of change. And maybe even a job.
5 comments:
I was watching SNL last night and they had a skit about a phone sex line specifically for nerds. The first operator was a D&D dungeon master and it made me think of you.
In other news, now that I've read your latest entry, I finally know "who let the dogs out."
Wow...how great that you got to do what you wanted to do...sounds like a relaxing day to me.
I do what I want to do almost everyday these days. It's a love/hate kind of relationship.
Just for the record, I've only played D&D two times in my whole life. That doesn't qualify me as a supernerd yet. Although my blossoming collection of strategy-type games might. And my affection for SW and sci-fi certainly would. This whole "fantasy" thing is new to me. I'd take a trusty blaster at my side over a flying unicorn anyday.
And with regard to the pirate ship game, it is "easy" only if you have the finger dexterity of a neurosurgeon to snap those stupid little ship pieces together (I broke one) and "fun" only if you have consumed several stiff drinks (which I didn't try, but might have helped with the "easy" part, or at least my mood).
Sarah, I didn't get mad when you broke the ship, and I offered to help you put them together and put them away. Besides, you won. You shouldn't make fun.
Off my head: Oxley, Birkenhead, Meresman, Wycliff, Carrion Crow, Longshanks, Treachery, Greyhound, Darkhawk II, "The Gunner", "The Pirate Hunter," "The Heart of the Sea," "The Lion," and until today, "The Silver Fish." There might be one or two more English ones, but that's most of them. Rob, You should move back here, and then we'd be friends again. But I like to play the game just because I like the concept, not because I like to win. Same thing with SW minis. How do you feel about that?
ps: Kevin is one of the busiest boys alive.
Post a Comment