Thursday, November 11, 2004

SW Redemption

So, I saw the new Episode III trailer last night. It looks really, really good. I am surprised. My faith is being restored. This is the one movie that no one (but Lucas) could screw up. It is the one move that we've waited this whole time for--the first two were just publicity stunts leading up to this grand Darth Vader moment. Bring on May '05. Nerds unite!

ps: was that an army of Wookies I saw?!!

6 comments:

Seth said...

Wookiee has two e's, Patrick. And you call yourself a nerd.

Seriously, the trailer looks promising, except the excessive cgi still looks too smooth and vibrant to be photorealistic. Yoda looked pretty good, though...except it was the same shot of him recycled from his duel with Dooku in Clones. And yes those were all Wookiees. Don't know how much you're trying to stay clear of spoilers but since they're in the trailer, I think it's safe to say there will be much Wookiee action in this flick. Grrrraaaaggghhhllll!

Patrick said...

Wookeys are so cool. I mean, if there had been Wookiis in Jedi instead of those little Ewoks, you know, the way it was supposed to be, then Jedi would have been even cooler. Wookees are probably the coolest alien species in SW. There were other cool ones in the Mos Eilsey Cantina, but they never made good use of them, in my opinion. But Wookinknees, man, freaking Wookabees. I can't wait to see the giant army of Wookaes.

Jon Williams said...

I (heart) Wookabees!

Anonymous said...

jessi says...please update this blog.

Anonymous said...

Chris says:
Never underestimate the ability of George Lucas to suck everything good out of something you love.

But other than that, I can't wait for a Wookie army. Something else I'd like to see? Admiral Ackbar as Grand Moff Tarkin's slave (which is where he learned his tactical prowess of ROTJ)

Also, last night I had a dream that I was Luke Skywalker of ROTJ. I was badly bruised and bleeding. The weirdest part was when I went through some elevator doors and I was in our world! And I was freaked out that my life had been turned into action figures and stuff. Then I woke up. Weird.

Anonymous said...

chris says:
dude, i am the comment posting killer apparently.