Monday, November 01, 2004

So tired...

So, I've decided I'm not going to vote. After all this talk about getting out the vote, vote mobbing, rocking the vote, the incessant prerecorded phone messages I keep getting, and the pounds and pounds of mass mailing---I'm just not voting at all. Screw the presidency, screw Ohio Issue 1, screw Athens Issue 2. And whatever local elections there are on the ballot, screw those too. I've had enough. I'm not going to take it anymore. I'm going to crawl back into my American luxury hole and let the world blow by as it has in the past. As long as I get my share, I don't give three craps in a bucket. I'll be safe regardless, because I live in Athens, Ohio. Who's going to blow up Athens, Ohio? I'm tired of being subjected to rants about what makes this guy better than that guy, or how this other guy totally screwed up everything and he's not fit to lead lemmings off a cliff. I'm tired of stories about lawyers in polling places, false accusations, and paranoid political parties. I'm tired of rhetoric and politic and double-speak. I quit.

Just kidding. I'll be voting tomorrow at 8am, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. On all of the issues above. And not for the current administration(s), in most cases. (Man, you fall for that every time!)

No comments: