Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Let's all be smart about this, shall we?

I just had a short shot of whiskey. Now my head is lighter. I don't like it when that happens. I should have eaten lunch.

The Thanksgiving holiday was very good to me. I was able to spend very good time with my family, specifically parents and brothers, whom I do not get to see as often as I would like. I taugh both my brothers and my wife how to play SW minis...and all three of them crushed me. Seriously, I lost four times.

But then I beat Kevin on Sunday, which was nice, because Kevin is a brilliant strategist. We win or lose entirely based on dice rolls, which is different from my other losses because...wait a minute! I only lost those games because of poor dice rolls too! Damn! Maybe the answer lies in buying a bigger army...

In other news, the job hunt has begun. I officially applied for my first job a week ago, but haven't heard anything.I will soon be taking the sage advice of Jessi and Keith by trying to network into a job, rather than resume my way into one. No one gets hired locally around here with a resume--it's all who you know and who knows you. Prayers in this area are greatly appreciated, as job hunting is a great stress builder.

With the advent of winter break, the band is supposed to be practicing more. We'll see if that comes to fruition. We'll most likely play our first show, prepared or not, sometime in January or February. Right now we still have the same material, but I have been slowly working on new stuff. We'll be putting together some covers soon, but of what I do not yet know.

Ok. That is all.

No comments: