Monday, July 30, 2007

This is the last night of my twenties

I feel like I should do something to commemorate the occasion, but I have no clue what to do. The idea I had earlier (which I will most likely follow up on) was to pop out to the Pit Stop and splurge on a bottle of single malt whiskey. Some Irish or Scotch stuff like Oban maybe. Tomorrow Sarah has dog training class, so I'm having a party during Game Night at Brad's house. We'll play games, drink beers, eat snacks, get in the hot tub. The usual. (Well, minus the hot tub.)

I've wanted to mark my 30th birthday with an event ever since I heard that my friend (and now boss) Matt quit smoking on his 30th. Since I don't smoke or drink heavily, I don't really have a vice to give up. But I do have a growing collection of projects that need to be finished, many of which I deeply desire to see to completion. So, to commemorate my birthday, tomorrow night will be the last night I go to Game Night until I have a Squid Games prototype game of my own to play test there. There are three titles that are in the works and could be ready more or less soon. This means I'll be updating the Squid Games blog more often in the next few weeks as well, so you'll be able to check the progress and developments there.

Now, off to get some whiskey.

2 comments:

mdog said...

happy birthday!

Monsterbeard said...

Patrick,
Happy birthday today! I'm not too late. I'm glad you're getting your games going and close to finished? That is awesome. I'd really like to play more board games in general and specifically more with you and your "crew." You rock. Love chris