I'm writing this post because I realized I won't be able to keep up with this blog nearly as well as I did before. Same goes for email, which is maybe more disappointing. But the good news is that I started my new job today, and I really enjoy it. I work with good and enjoyable people. And this job has more potential for advancement than my last one. And the learning curve is longer--I will continue to acquire new skills, and it will take time for those skills to develop. But I am very sad that I am leaving some of the people at my last job behind--it seems weird, but I genuinely love a few of them. That's a bold thing to say, maybe. Now I need to spend some time getting this love out of my heart and into people's lives, or really what's it worth? Not so easy for a nerdish introvert, even one as verbose as I am. :P
All this sentimentality is surely seeping from the hard day's work today and from the recent news that my good friend Aaron will be leaving Athens in a few months. This has been a long time coming, but doesn't make it easier. Sarah can tell you about it, but I've really come to love him and his family. I don't know if he shares the feeling, but I feel very kindred with him.
Also: Hey, thank you for being my friends. For serious.
I'll be getting up some pics of the road trip to Wyoming soon, and giving a report. Maybe Kevin already did that on his blog, I haven't checked yet. It was a good time, and again left me wanting to explore the mountains more. It's a wonderful thing to feel so small, yet to be a part of something so big. Easy to forget that when you're surrounded by civilization and media, you know?
2 comments:
wyoming, huh? do you have any idea how close that is to seattle?
just checking...
It's a day away. I checked last time I was out that way. :(
Post a Comment