I really like the new job. I really hate going on steep, high roofs. (Fine on high ladders, just not on steep, high roofs.) Started to get the hang of extension ladders. So far, I've dug a bunch of ditches and holes, filled in some of those holes, demolished an old concrete porch, chopped some huge-ass tree roots, shoveled a ton of gravel (maybe more), built a form for a concrete patio slab, framed a closet, scraped and primed a house, mixed some quick crete, installed some roof vents, and painted some window trim. I think that covers it.
I've also toned and slimmed a bit, even in 2 weeks, which is funny because I don't have much fat to trim anyway. And I ate some polish sausage that I bought at the grocery store. It would have been great without the MSG and with a more garlic--just like Dzadza (my grandpa) used to make.
I know I'll have to get on another high, steep roof at some point in this job, but I hope it's not anytime soon. Nice low, shallow ones will suit me just fine. Or even high shallow ones. I'm fine of ladders, even high ones that bounce a little. I guess I'm partially afraid of heights--afraid of the heights that don't offer me any kind of secure foot or hand holds. Which seems perfectly reasonable, except that I work with a bunch of guys that can do this stuff without it being an issue. At any rate, I'll take painting or digging over roofing anyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment