Tuesday, January 10, 2006

hello

So, I've been away for awhile, and I will probably be away for awhile longer still. I've fallen out of the habit of checking my email at home, which means I rarely if ever check this weblog.

While I've been away I had Thanksgiving with my family in Tennessee (which I very much enjoyed), got depressed, saw a counselor, got mostly over it, decorated gingerbread cookies with my talented wife, had Christmas with Sarah's family, started painting the miniatures that came with the game I got for Christmas (War of the Ring), went to a wedding at which I got to ring the bell, had a lovely New Years (even if it was without Sarah or Kevin), and got swamped with stuff at work. This is the last week of the super-swamp, then next week is a lighter swamp, then I'm out of the marshes for a few weeks until new stuff comes up. I'm still looking for a new career and feeling torn about the desire for money versus being content with life as it is.

Also, my brother Peter bought me 8 cans of Skyline chili for Christmas. I bought him the game Zombies!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am glad you're back. Careers are overrated. Just get a job. I would prefer it be a really bad one. Seriously, though, we're at that age where encouragement doesn't seem to count as much. Its like we've heard it all before. On second thought, I was wrong...good luck, I believe in you. Many of our peers have careers they authentically enjoy. I hope to have one one day as well.

paul said...

Yea! He's back! Been missing you but checking regularly. Glad you are back.

I think most people have a job and a calling. Sometimes they match, but often they don't. It's a very western thing to think that you have to get fufillment from your job. Think about that statement. What a gift if it happens. Whatever you do, make your life full. Work on your marriage... have deep friendships... go and play music (I know that is your love). And maybe have a job you love that pays well? You are a great person... I should tell you that more.

greg said...

Patrick, rarrrrrrr.