Thursday, October 06, 2005

The end of GCH

In all practical ways, the band (Ghostrunner Come Home) has dissolved. Seems short-lived, mostly because we only played two shows, I think. Came apart for several reasons, with "artistic differences" only a small portion. I'm a little disappointed, but I also feel free again. Time to go back to my original gameplan: keep making the music I like, and wait for people to come along who understand the vision and have the time to contribute. For me personally, I fell away from that gameplan and got in a rush to put things together when the pieces weren't quite there. It's weird, because this is one of those instances where maybe I could be bitter or maybe feel relieved. Another failed band or a fun couple months. I choose to feel relieved. And it certainly was fun to play with others, even if it was less than ideal. I'm not posting anything on the GCH site yet because I still have to talk with our bass player about it. I'm sure he's pieced it together by now, but I want to at least end this thing with dignity. Besides, the saddest part of GCH's breakup for me is that I no longer have a "natural" reason to hang out with Adam, though I really enjoy hanging out with him. Maybe there's more musical futuredom ahead.

5 comments:

paul said...

bummer... but glad you have perspective on this.

greg said...

Noooooooooooo!

I knew the three of you super-egos could never coexist without my calming influence.

Patrick said...

Dearest Gregory,
It was only your ultra-ego that kept our super-egoes in check and too fearful to compete with each other. When your glorious presense was removed...shameful acts, unmentionable acts.
thou art missed, o favored educator.

greg said...

Actually, that's probably closer to the truth, minus the "glorious" part.

Either way, it sucks.

Did we still get the other songs recorded?

Patrick said...

Survey says:

Yes, we did.

Will be available shortly. Which in GCH time means "about six months from now." :)