Here we are at last. It certainly took me longer than it should have. I was held up, like Gandalf. This does not mean I will not haunt other folks's's weblogs relentlessly, nor will you be spared my opinionated guestbook postings. C'est la vie.
Having said that, I will make certain efforts (pledge) not to alienate people here, unless it is for the expressed purpose of provocation. So, if you feel provoked, please understand that it is your duty to mouth off in some respectable and organized fashion. Preferably somewhere in this weblog so I will actually read it. With any luck, it won't be too long before we'll all have the option of posting on a message board. Mmmmm, public forums.
I should say that the goal of this weblog is to be smart and think together. But not to group-think. Coarseness is okay, as long as we are trying to say something and just can't find the tact. I suffer from that curse, and will probably take certain liberties not being granted to you, since this is my territory. Rudeness is not okay. Be forewarned.
I like life, and I like living. It is hard and confusing, but almost always worth the trouble. Few things are greater than redemption and salvation from evil--meaning evil choices and also evil circumstances. These things can very rarely be accomplished on one's own effort. These will hopefully be popular themes on this weblog, though coming in sometimes clandestine forms.
Nerds will also be a popular theme, because nerds know more than most people about good v. evil.
Again I say to you: Welcome. And thank you for coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment