I haven't posted recently because I have been stressed about my job and employment and haven't had the energy to post much. My brother got married two weekends ago out of state, and that was a very nice break from this place. Also gave my eyelid a chance to recover from the allergy/rash/swelling it had developed. (I think the stress of this place lowered my immune system--I don't usually have allergies.)
I've had things I've wanted to post here, some thought-provoking, some just general life stuff. Just haven't been able to get it together. I'm trying to get on that, but things at work are "busy" right now and I feel distracted by that. It's the end of the school year and many of our grants are in shambles, so there's lots of scurrying to smash in programs where they otherwise shouldn't go in an attempt to spend the rest of the money before we lose it.
I am choosing to spell this problem: M-I-S-M-A-N-A-G-E-M-E-N-T. And it makes me frustrated and sad because it cheapens my work and the work this agency could be doing.
PS: tea and fresh strawberries are a good snack. Also, here's another little reminder not to take what we see at face value.
1 comment:
strawberries are always good. and I'm an iced tea kind of guy.
I wish you could become the boss of that place.
Post a Comment