Monday, August 08, 2005

Hello, every buddy!

Imagine Grover from Sesame Street said that. It's funnier.

I have been neglecting this weblog, unintentionally. I don't have much time at home these days to do this. Or maybe I'm not making time. Or maybe I don't have as many things to say. Or maybe I don't have as many provocative things to say as I thought I did. Or maybe I'm too chicken to write them.

My birthday happened recently. The 28th anniversary of the day of my birth. The people at work waited until I was out of the office, then they put up pictures of me all over the building. And they were very thorough. I should state that the pictures were actually just of my face superimposed onto Yoda's and Darth Vader's bodies. On the day before my birthday, I went with some friends to Rio Grande, a delicious authentic Mexican restaurant. Quality cheap food is my favorite. On my proper birthday, my in-laws humored me by braving the new frontier of Japanese steakhousedom in Parkersburg. A fun time was had by all. And a hearty portion of delicious food as well. Anywhere the chef sets the table on fire, twirls knives, and throws food at your face after cooking it in front of you, well, that's a place I can support, encourage, and thoroughly enjoy. Reasonable prices mean I'm definitely going back someday.

Kevin bought me a new Star Wars minis starter for my birthday, and I'll most likely be spending a hearty portion of my birthday money on more minis, purchased from my cousin's exquisite store. If they weren't so cool, I wouldn't have to buy them. (Don't even ask how many times I've actually played them. It's pathetically embarassing how much I've invested in these little plastic creatures.) (And droids.) I'm also buying a Boba Fett comic book series from him.

I would like to have a serious conversation. But I don't know what about.

Check out the band's weblog for an update on the rest of the recording process.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

paul said...

tell me you know the above person.

Happy Birthday. I'm sorry I missed it.

jared said...

Ditto on the happy birthday. You should really announce these things. Mine's on Saturday. Come to the party. I'll be 28 too, so you won't feel old. :-)