There really are only a few things I've been thinking about recently, which is why I haven't been posting much here.
The biggest thing on my plate is the whole how-do-I-make-more-money issue. (This is sometimes exchanged for complaining about my current job.) In this sense, I think Athens is a detriment to my thinking because the occupational experiences afforded here are severely limited. My tendency is to think that because Athens doesn't have anything better to offer, neither does the rest of the country. Nothing happens here, so why would it happen anywhere else? Without a reason to move somewhere else, I sit here. Maybe it all boils down to a fear of taking the chance that would be required of me. Don't fret over me, I'm working up to it. Whatever it is. Feel free to offer advice in any form on this topic.
I have been playing Eve Online and loving it. It's a massively multiplayer online game set in space, and you can do a great many things in the universe. You fly around in ships with other people or alone. If anyone is interested in more info, let me know. I can send you a free 14-day trial. The learning curve can feel steep, but I'll be there to walk you through the process. :)
There are other, smaller things. My creativity is hovering beneath the surface again. I want to sculpt minis, work on the Squid Games games, and make music. But I haven't actually done any of those things yet. It requires too much work and I don't feel secure enough in my finances and free time to do them. (You might commonly refer to these as: excuses.)
1 comment:
I noticed you are into art, and I was wondering if you are still in school?
I have found I get hit up quite a bit to do graphics work for people-such as wedding invitations, websites, 3-D animation, interactive CDs, etc. There is a big market out there for that stuff. Do you happen to know illustrator or photoshop? Last year, I finally started doing work for people (after passing up multiple offers) and made some good money doing it.
Anyway, my point is, if you are a student, or were recently a student, you can get the entire Cinema 4D package for $295- Cinema 4D is the 3D animation software used in movies like Harry Potter. It is user friendly, and a lot of fun. Also, the makers of C4D will let you use the software commercially. I am not sure if other companies extend this offer.
So there is an idea. I guess my point is, there is a market for art- just seems to be all for commerical purposes. It isn't always as fun as the creative stuff, but it definately pays the bills. I generally charge 60-90 dollars/hour, depending on the project.
Eve sounds fun. Is it anything like World of Warcraft (my current addiction)?
Post a Comment